When I select "Attach a Screenshot" action it takes me to a unrelated webpage

Mohin Uddin March 6, 2013

Hi,
When I select "Attach a Screenshot" action to any existing issue it takes me to a unrelated webpage/redirects to: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html

Could please inform me how process to resolve this issue?

Apperiaciate your help.Have a look screen shot below:

Thanks

Mohin

3 answers

0 votes
BlueKai Support March 18, 2013

Update. This applet will not work if you have Java 7 installed.

Because Java 7 is 64 bit and Chrome is 32. There's really nothing you can do except use FF or wait till a 64 bit Chrome comes out.

0 votes
BlueKai Support March 7, 2013

What is the best/easiest link that Atlassian recommends to gp to and download/install Java?

The Oracle site is cluttered with way too many downloads to get JIRA apps to run.

0 votes
Grzegorz Dlugoszewski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Hey.

You need to have Java installed in your browser to use "attach screenshot" action. It seems you don't have Java, that's why it redirects you to oracle pages so you can download and install it for your browser.

Cheers!

BlueKai Support March 7, 2013

What is the best/easiest link that Atlassian recommends download and install Java?

The Oracle site is cluttered with way too many downloads to get JIRA apps to run.

I'd like to tell my users in case they use personal computers to access our JIRA instance.

Suggest an answer