• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • When I have to choose "Upgrade" the JIRA Software? In case of an existing Servicedesk installation or in case of a JIRA Standard Software installation?

When I have to choose "Upgrade" the JIRA Software? In case of an existing Servicedesk installation or in case of a JIRA Standard Software installation?

Fadil Muslija November 23, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Installing JIRA Service Desk

We installed the new "atlassian-jira-software-7.0.0-jira-7.0.0-x64" software and want to add the new JIRA Service Desk. do we have to choose "upgrade" or "custom installation". Unfortunately, this information is not on your Online inst. guide .

regards...

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ASG (CN)(Deprecated-Use IT instead) January 16, 2016

Phill Fox answer is not helpful.  JIRA Service Desk is no longer an add-on.  I'd down vote his answer but I don't have a high enough reputation yet.  The answer does not help.

0 votes
Fadil Muslija January 17, 2016

Hello, please close this thread, we solved this task meantime. Thank you!

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2015

The simplest approach is to go to manage Addons and search for JIRA Service Desk there. Once you have installed it you can then manage the Application to determine who should have access to JIRA Service Desk and who are your Service Desk Agents.

I hope this helps.

Phill

Suggest an answer