When I create issues with different (modified) reporters, how do I get the different reporters notified about the creation?

Clemens Kleibusch March 1, 2017

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2017

If you change the reporter from "current person" when creating an issue, you will find they are, well, the reporter.  So they get notified as though they had raised it themselves.

Clemens Kleibusch March 3, 2017

Thanks Nic, I figured out that not the notification is the problem: the reporter when creating an issue can be any user independent of permissions. This is a bug for sure. If the reporter has permissions on the project he will be notified.

By the way, where can I report my first bug?

Thanks again, Clemens

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2017

I don't think it's a bug - if you have people who can "set the reporter", they're doing it for a reason, probably along the lines of a helpdesk call (someone calls in, the agent raises an issue for them).

With the advent of Service Desk though, I don't see a lot of point in allowing the ability to set any reporter, I'd limit it to "people with create issue permission in the project", to bring it in line with the rest of the permissions.

To raise it though, visit https://jira.atlassian.com

0 votes
Clemens Kleibusch March 9, 2017

We don't have a real problem with that. So I decided not to raise it.

Suggest an answer