• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • When I click the 'create' button on the 'Create Issue' screen, I see a brief flash of the fields but no issue is created. How do I debug the issue as no visible error is created?

When I click the 'create' button on the 'Create Issue' screen, I see a brief flash of the fields but no issue is created. How do I debug the issue as no visible error is created?

Jon Derek September 8, 2014

1 answer

0 votes
Graham Horsman September 8, 2014

Logs are generally the best option if you are using the downloadable version of JIRA. You log files will be stored in the JIRA home folder. Typically this would be /var/atlassian/JIRA on a unix system. If you don't have access to these or are using the on-demand system your best bet is to raise this directly to Atlassian them selves via their support protal.

It's also worth checking the "create" step of you workflows. Go into Administration -> workflows choose your workflow and edit. Once in click on the first status in the workflow (that is when an issue is created, the status it will be, not necessarily the first in the list). You'll see the create transition there and can look at it's conditions and post functions to see if anything might be preventing the creation of issues.

Jon Derek September 8, 2014

Thanks for the prompt answer. I will go and check the logs.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2014

That also sounds like the browser is clearing the screen after drawing it. Two starter tests: 1. Can you try a different browser? 2. have you added any javascript to fields? (If so, please remove it and try again)

Suggest an answer