• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • When I change the state of an issue [Eg: Defect Open ==> Assign to Developer], clicking on 'Assign to Developer' will take me to Edit Mode with all the field types listed. Is there a way I can choose the field types I want while changing the issue status?

When I change the state of an issue [Eg: Defect Open ==> Assign to Developer], clicking on 'Assign to Developer' will take me to Edit Mode with all the field types listed. Is there a way I can choose the field types I want while changing the issue status?

Sudhir N Kamath March 29, 2016

When I change the state of an issue [Eg: Defect Open ==> Assign to Developer], clicking on 'Assign to Developer' will take me to Edit Mode with all the field types listed. Is there a way I can choose the field types I want while changing the issue status?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2016

hi,

yes. you need to edit your workflow and assign a new screen with the fields that you want to the Assign to Developer transition.

Selection_019.png

for this you need to create a new screen here:

Selection_018.png

Sudhir N Kamath April 5, 2016

Thanks a lot  Elifcan Cakmak ! 

0 votes
Sudhir N Kamath March 29, 2016

I think my question is not clear. Let me explain it better, when I change the status of a defect, I see all the field types, i.e Bug Summary, Affected Version, Severity, Priority etc. What I want is, when I change the issue state I must see only 'Assignee' and Comments field. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2016

As Elifcan said, you, or the JIRA admin if that isn't you, need to modify the workflow so it presents a screen with just those fields on it instead of the edit screen.

Suggest an answer