When I am trying to install a plugin I am gettting the following problem?Please help me I have attached the log.

srikanth Asoori maringanti December 20, 2012

There was an error loading the descriptor 'NCR SELECT' of plugin 'com.jira.ncr.select'. Disabling.

com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Could not load class: com.jira.ncr.NcrSelect

at com.atlassian.plugin.module.LegacyModuleFactory.getModuleClass(LegacyModuleFactory.java:46)

at com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.loadClass(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:175)

at com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.enabled(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:436)

at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraResourcedModuleDescriptor.enabled(JiraResourcedModuleDescriptor.java:239)

at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.customfield.CustomFieldTypeModuleDescriptorImpl.enabled(CustomFieldTypeModuleDescriptorImpl.java:47)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.plugins.MultiTenantModuleDescriptorFactory$LifecycleInterceptor$3.run(MultiTenantModuleDescriptorFactory.java:258)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:61)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForEachTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:52)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.plugins.MultiTenantModuleDescriptorFactory$LifecycleInterceptor.handleEnabled(MultiTenantModuleDescriptorFactory.java:251)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.plugins.MultiTenantModuleDescriptorFactory$LifecycleInterceptor.intercept(MultiTenantModuleDescriptorFactory.java:190)

at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.customfield.CustomFieldTypeModuleDescriptorImpl$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$a6caeba0.enabled(<generated>)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.notifyModuleEnabled(DefaultPluginManager.java:1420)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.enableConfiguredPluginModule(DefaultPluginManager.java:1227)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.enableConfiguredPluginModules(DefaultPluginManager.java:1193)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.addPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:690)

at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.init(DefaultPluginManager.java:156)

at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.start(JiraPluginManager.java:61)

at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager$PluginSystem.start(ComponentManager.java:684)

at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.startPluginSystem(ComponentManager.java:243)

at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.quickStart(ComponentManager.java:236)

at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.start(ComponentManager.java:221)

at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.PluginSystemLauncher.start(PluginSystemLauncher.java:23)

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$3.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:101)

at

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2012

You can't install plugins in OnDemand, please use the right tags

This error is usually down to your atlassian-plugin.xml pointing to a class that is not there. Check the paths of the files within your plugin match what atlassian-plugin.xml is pointing to. Check the names and spelling of the files, including the case of the names, as it is case-sensitive.

The first two lines of your error hint at a problem though - if the package name for your plugin is com.jira.ncr.select then I'd expect the main class to be com.jira.ncr.select.NcrSelect and not what you've got - com.jira.ncr.NcrSelect - this may well be correct, but it's worth checking.

Suggest an answer