When Edit button Clicked after session timeout, it is not showing Log In option?

arunk December 27, 2017

After the session Timeout, in the view issue screen, when i click edit button, I get a message like "You are not authorised to perform this operation. Please Log In".

After closing the message pop up, when i click the edit button again, it is going to edit page, with out asking the prompt for log in.

Please help me fix this issue.

Capture 4.PNG

Regards

Arun

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Have you customized the session timeout in any way?   Just curious if you were aware of this KB: How to change the default session timeout.   While that KB can help you understand how to adjust the timeout length period, it interestingly points to a potentially related article on: Logging into another Atlassian application logs me out of Confluence.

I would be interested to learn if you can walk through that KB's diagnosis steps to see if perhaps your environment might be meeting those criteria.  If so, then that KB could also be helpful here to in order to prevent that specific kind of problem.

Suggest an answer