Whats new in JIRA 6.2 popup?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

HI

As per my understand the popup Whats new in JIRA 6.2 should appear just once i.e. the first time the user logs on to jira.

The next day it should not appear.

But on my jira instance i see this popup every time i log in to it.

Is this expected behavior?

I understand i can always disable it .

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

Hi Rahul,

You need to select the checkbox to tell JIRA to not show you the pop-up anymore, it's at the bottom of the pop-up.

Best regards,

Peter

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Yes it will until you click the checkbox that you have seen the popup

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2014

Hi Rahul,

If you don't want this pop up to appear at all for your users, you can also disable the What's New plugin as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=279511777

Your choice ;)

Suggest an answer