What will happen to JIRA Agile trial during if we upgrade JIRA in the middle of it?

Nick Weber July 9, 2015

Hello,

We are planning to upgrade from JIRA 5.2 to JIRA 6.4. We are currently using the 30-day JIRA Agile trial and are mid-sprint, and we'd like to keep this functionality after the upgrade. (We're in the process of purchasing the full JIRA Agile license, but that will take some time.)

So, my questions are:

1. Will the JIRA Agile trial continue to work after the upgrade? Do we need to do anything special to re-apply it, or will it happen automatically? (Also these lines, will our existing trial, which is about halfway in, continue to have the approximate 15 days remaining after the update? Or will we need to get/request a new trial license?)
  2. In terms of version compatibility, our current JIRA Agile version is v. 6.3.6.1, which is working with our JIRA 5.2 implementation. I suspect that there shouldn't be an issues with this JIRA Agile version when we upgrade to JIRA 6.4, but better safe than sorry so I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks!
Nick 

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Weber July 9, 2015

Thanks, Boris. This is helpful. When we update JIRA Agile, will we be able to get a new 30-day trial license (or will our existing trial license be able to be applied to this update)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2015

The existing one will continue.

Nick Weber July 9, 2015

Got it - thanks for your quick responses!

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

Your trial license will work just fine. Your JIRA Agile version will not. Take a look at: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira/versions for version compatibility information. Basically you will just need to upgrade and then update JIRA Agile. We always recommend doing this in a test environment before doing it in production. Instructions on setting up a staging environment can be found at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Establishing+Staging+Server+Environments+for+JIRA

Suggest an answer