What will be authentication methods available in new JIRA V7.2

Saravanan Ravikumar December 21, 2016

Hello,
We are using  currently JIRA V6.3.15 and we planned to move new version with new authentication.

We use LDAP for authentication and which is integrated with opemam for authentication. So i need to know what will be available and new authentication methods in new version. help me out 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2016

Same as 7.1 ad below - internal, Crowd and LDAP support built in, with the option to add others via add-ons etc.

So you mean, Apart from LDAP we use new authentication such as Internal and Crowd ?

am i correct ?

Why because we are still using V6.3.15  we plan to move 7.2 with new authentication. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2016

Same as 7.1 and below.  No change.

So you mean, Apart from LDAP we use new authentication such as Internal and Crowd ?

am i correct ? could you validate it 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2016

Oh, I see, you've edited the question so my answer does not really answer it any more.

No, you're not correct.  As I already said, there are no changes to the authentication methods available.  Your existing ldap stuff will continue to work in the same way going from 6.3 to 7.2

Hello,

Apart from LDAP what are the other authentication can work. Because we plan to migrate new way of authentication. Can you guide me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2016

Please, re-read the answer I gave above, as it answers that.

So we need to have LDAP for authentication no other choice?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2016

PLEASE, re-read the original answer.

Suggest an answer