What version of Tomcat is bundled with JIRA 6.4?

Bob Hansen September 10, 2015

We are trying to avoid security vulnerabilities such as CVE-2014-7810 which means we need to know which version of Tomcat is bundled with the different versions of JIRA. Where do we go to find this information? I can't be the only one looking for this.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2015

Hi Bob,

As per Supported Platform page for JIRA 6.4 it must be Apache Tomcat 7.0.55

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/supported-platforms-207488170.html

Taha

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2015

I'd recommend using the command line or System Info in general since the info on that page might be changed

1 vote
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2015

Hi Bob, 

The bundled version can also be found by looking in System Information as well. I put together the following quick article on how to find this information as well. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Finding+the+Bundled+Tomcat+Version+Per+JIRA+Release

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2015
Bob Hansen September 10, 2015

These two links do not help me because I do not have JIRA installed. We are trying to decide whether or not we want to use JIRA. Given that Tomcat is out-of-date and difficult to patch, it looks bleak for us. We require a secure environment with access to patches.

Suggest an answer