What version of JIRA has sub-categories?

Justin Shapiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

I need/would like to break up my categories in jira. I'm currently using 4.3.3. What version do I need to upgrade to get more granularity in my categories?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2013

None of them.

Your main option is to vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5721 and wait.

I'd also recommend having a think about using the "profields" plugin to add project fields (so you'd have a field like "business unit" or something on every project), and alos have a look for the "structure" plugin which can add a lot more layers.

Justin Shapiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Thanks for pointing me towards those plugins. They look interesting. Not sure what the workflow is for the structure plugin but it's something to think about.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2013

There's not really a "workflow" for Structure, it mostly lets you add many layers to issues (i.e. more than the stnadard category/project/issue/subtask)

0 votes
Alexey Dorofeyev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2017

You can use Project Organizer for JIRA plugin for this.

Justin Shapiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2017

Oh, good.  Thanks.

Suggest an answer