What type of chart can I choose to know the Total Story point By assignee in my Sprint ?

Manon Ledda December 10, 2021

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently looking for a chart that could indicate how much story point by asssignee I pass in my différent sprint. 

The aim is to know how much my sprint cost me. 
Do you know if it's possible and do you know what kind of graph I need to choose for that ? 

Thanks a lot !!
Manon 

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

Hi @Manon Ledda 

Would you please clarify what you mean by: "The aim is to know how much my sprint cost me"?  That may help the community give you suggestions to try.  Thanks!

For teams using the scrum framework, the team collaborates to deliver the items (i.e. stories) in order to meet the goal.  Measuring by an individual person does not seem to support helping with that.

Kind regards,
Bill

Manon Ledda December 15, 2021

Hello, 

My manager want to know how many story point have been completed by tickets in order to establish an estimation of cost for exemple : 

On my tickets I put 3 story point due to the complexion of the task and the work to do on this. 

And she wants to know that and at the end of the project she will be able to say we have spare 32 total story point and so the project cost us (in term of human ressources) 600$ for exemple. 

I don't know if it's clear... 

I can't find a chart in JIRA that allow me to calculate that. 

Best,

Manon

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

Thanks for that information, Manon.

It appears the manager has a misunderstanding of the purpose/use of story points.  Please consider having a conversation with the manager to help them understand this tool.  And...As the manager wants information about effort costs, it may be more helpful to use time and calculate costs from that value.

For example, capture when a story starts and ends work, calculate the time difference, and multiply that by your staffing cost rate to learn the project cost.  You could build such calculations using automation rules or investigate better reporting options from the Jira marketplace; I am not aware of any out-of-the-box cost calculation reports in Jira Cloud.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Manon Ledda likes this
0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Manon Ledda,

There is a good solution for your request - Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team.

You can get a bar chart of sum of story points by assignee as in the below screenshot. Hope it helps.

SumOfStoryPointsByAssignee.png

0 votes
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

Hi @Manon Ledda,

As @Lauma Cīrule recommends, you can try our eazyBI reporting app since Jira lacks the functionality you need. Another possible solution is Custom Charts for Jira, a more straightforward app you can create and customize dashboard reports in Jira and Confluence. 

I would recommend trying the app playground; it's the fastest way to decide if that is the solution you are searching for.

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2021

Hi @Manon Ledda

If you would be interested in a third-party app for reporting, you can check out eazyBI

For example, you could use Story points resolved together with Sprint and Assignee dimensions, see https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/jira-software-custom-fields#JiraSoftwarecustomfields-StoryPointstotalmeasures.

Here are also some Sprint scope report examples: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/16272-agile.

Let me know if you have further questions regarding eazyBI!
Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events