What to do with the atlassian-jira-slow-queries.log ?

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2012

So...I've been having problems with Greenhopper being slow and some other filters being slow. I've been doing a bunch of tweaks (latest batch going in tonight)...but I keep running into this file:

atlassian-jira-slow-queries.log

I see a bunch of "took 'x'ms to run" and those are in the 550+ms mark and they relate to some of the filters being used. I've run into this file before and I haven't ever gotten a good answer on what some possible next steps are with the results of these files.

How do I take action on these? Is it finally time for me to spend some time learning Lucene? What have others done with results in the log.

Let me know. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2012

Hi, you can try doing a re-index or an optimize index from the admin menu and see if this helps? It's simply a warning letting people know that long queries are happening. There isn't much that can be done on the Lucene side. The best you can do is look at general performance tuning strategies for JIRA.

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2012

Thanks Harry. That's what the answer I got before but was hoping that had changed a bit.

Suggest an answer