What test case management tool to use for Jira cloud that support manual and BDD tests?

Monisha Nancy June 30, 2016

I am bit confused to select a tool that supports both Manual test cases and BDD test cases to be executed and maintained individually.

I also read other relevant questions but it doesn't fit my need .

I work for start-up Tech company and we use Jira-On- demand for bug tracking and I'm currently in the process of researching for test case management software for their our needs. Just wanted to get your opinions/thoughts on which software you think one is best and why?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/integrate-jira-with-a-test-case-manager-100302898.html

Some specific features of JIRA that are required:

•Create, view, edit and clone tests
•Define test steps, actions and expected results
•Map, link, and track test coverage on requirements and defects
•Define preconditions and associate them with tests
•Group tests in test sets
•Plan test execution cycles
•Execute tests
•Link defects
•Changes on test definition do not affect past test executions
•Workflow controls .
•Reporting.
•Efficiently manage, track & organize your QA efforts

Automated tests:
Export Cucumber tests from JIRA to feature files

Specific to my project  :

1.Not all the test cases need to be  automated so the current test cases needed to maintained individually and executed manually  .
2.Enhancements and specific features will be automated and maintained individually

I tried some plugins and I didn't get a clear idea  it would be helpful if someone provide opinion on which plugin I must use .

X-ray plugin fits my need but its server based .

Please provide suggestions if any ?

3 answers

1 vote
Dave Pearl November 18, 2016

I would certainly consider Hiptest for such a use case. We've used it on a couple of projects using BDD and manual test cases.

Dave

0 votes
Deleted user August 22, 2019

Hi

We are the marketplace vendors for AssertThat.  The product wasn't available when you originally posted however if you are looking to change then please get in contact.  

Our plugin sounds perfectly aligned to what you have asked for in your post.  A summary of the features are below:

• Create and maintain features and scenarios in Jira
  • Traceability report 
  • Import automated test results into Jira including custom metadata
  • Test Reporting – triage automated test results
  • Gherkin editor - auto formatting and syntax validation
  • Step autocomplete for speed and reuse of existing steps
  • Scenario Manager – to bulk update scenarios
  • Comprehensive client API’s and integrations for Gradle, Maven, Ruby, Node.js, command line (all other), and Jenkins plugin.

Please get in contact if you would like a demo then please get in contact https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219033/assertthat-bdd-test-automation-in-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Thanks

Nick

support@assertthat.com

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

Zephyr and TestRail both support JIRA Cloud, so they might be candidates to take a look at.

I have only looked at Zephyr before when we where looking for a test management tool replacement, but at the end we went with another tool that also did requirement management.

Monisha Nancy June 30, 2016

Thank you for the suggestion Michael .

Will zephyr support BDD ?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2016

According to the information I found they do, but when I was looking for it we were migrating to a TDD environment, so I cannot say for sure. I would contact them directly, they are really fast at getting back to you. 

Jens Bengtsson January 3, 2018

what tool that also did requirement management?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2018

We are using Jama for requirement management and test management, it integrates with Jira via Tasktop integration hub.

Suggest an answer