What state is used to determine "resolved" in the Created vs Resolved gadget?

Chuck Copello May 11, 2017

Hello,

I'm using the Created vs Resolved gadget for my project, and I'm not sure what state triggers "Resolved." Is it "Resolved" (which is an interim state for my project, like the developer has completed work), "Verified" (which is "Test team has confirmed the update and my desired terminal state), or "Closed" (Verified issues are changed to Closed when we release the product). 

I'm confident in Created looks at New state ;)

Thanks for any insight.

Chuck

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

It's driven by the "Resolution" field. 

If resolution = unresolved, then the issue is reported as open (i.e. not yet resolved).

If resolution is set to anything else, then the issue is seen as resolved.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2017

Note that the "unresolved" JIRA shows you actually means "there is no value in the field". 

Some people make the mistake of adding options like "unresolved" to the list, which breaks, because the field is filled in, so the issue is resolved, whatever the option is named.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

Ah yes. Thanks Nic. I'll have to remember to include a note about that in future answers about resolution-related stuff.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2017

That resolution thing has to be one of the top three subjects of jive/osqa/answers/community since JIRA 2.0 was released!

Suggest an answer