• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • What should I check, if I get the following error?: "An unknown exception occured executing Validator com.innovalog.jmwe.plugins.validators.FieldChangedValidator@15d7d42: root cause: Unable to find field 'customfield_10333'"

What should I check, if I get the following error?: "An unknown exception occured executing Validator com.innovalog.jmwe.plugins.validators.FieldChangedValidator@15d7d42: root cause: Unable to find field 'customfield_10333'"

takeshi sasaki August 21, 2012

I created my own workflow, and am able to create tickets using that workflow.

A few weeks ago, I could go thru every transition without major issues.

Now (probably in the last two weeks) the captioned error message comes up when I try to close a message.

What should I check for?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

What Validators do have in your closing step - it seems a custom field there is not found anymore.

We had this problem too, when doing a jira upgrade and simultaniously upgrading the plugin providing the custom field.

The fastest way to fix this would be to delete the Validator in question and recreate it with the correct custom field...

Suggest an answer