What's the system impact on running a filter subscription across all users?

Larry Woodley February 15, 2017

I've got a team requesting an email alert to be sent out to users when an issue due date is approaching. In order to ensure I capture whichever user may be attached to that ticket, I'd have to run a filter on project and due date, including assignee = currentUser() and attach the resulting subscription to the jira-users group. Is there an associated system load with running this search along all users?

2 answers

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2017

I would always reduce the number of issues to a minimum that are returned by any filter being used for subscriptions. For example using the condition of resolution is EMPTY to remove any issues that are already completed. 

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2017

I have 450 users on my instance and several similar subsriptions and there is no trouble. But I set it on different time (differs for 15 min) in order not to create long letter chain.

Suggest an answer