What's the real name of the "Priority" field?

Deleted user September 18, 2012

Hi all. We're integrating Jira with a 3rd party tool (Rally) and need to map fields between the two, one of which is the Priorty field. I thought it was just "Priority" but the integration tool is claiming that field doesn't exist (other custom field are working fine). Is there a hidden name for the priority field? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

It should be "priority" - did you try with all lower case? It says on mine. We've ran scripts etc over it. Are you talking about the name or ID?

Yup, tried Priority and priority. I'm assuming it wants to take the name since that's how it handles all of the other field mappings.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Are you using a language pack other than English?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

Very odd, internally, and via REST and the internal API, it's "priority", so I'm not sure why you're not finding it. What is the integration tool and does it have a log (and extended error reporting) of some sort?

In the general config, I see:

• Engilish (UK)
  • English (Unites States)
  • French (France)
  • German (Germany)
  • Japanese (Japan)
  • Spanish (Spain)

I don't remember installing these so I'm assuming they were installed by default. The default lanauge is English (United States).

Thanks, guys, for the help. Yeah, I saw that the REST API calls it "priority" so I would assume that's what it should be. The tool is called "Rally" (www.rallydev.com) and is used for agile dev tracking. Attached is an excerpt from the connector log:

(Log_Excerpt.log)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

If I'm reading it correctly, that log file is saying that it's found the system priority field fine. What makes you think the integration tool is saying it's not finding it.

I'd say that it's working correctly, but you've got issues where priority has not been set.

Note the distiction between "field does not exist" and "field does not have data"...

I'm not sure if that means anything since the same message appears when I use "priority" (lower case). But I agree -- it does seem to be finding something. I got an email to the Rally guys to see if there's an issue on their side.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events