What's the difference of Work Log Tab and Comments Tab?

John Ramos October 24, 2017

We just signed up with Jira and our customers / clients have their individual logins to the projects that we have. They log their own concerns directly to the Jira system. My Question is , there is a Comment tab where we can communicate back and fort, but i also see a Work Log tab where i can put a comment on. 

My question is, what's the difference?  We also would like to be able to comment on the tickets internally (we have 4 administrators) where we would like to log info and specific details that our clients/customers should not see. Does adding comments under work log suffice?

Please advise. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

The comment under worklog is not a comment but a work description. It will not appear under Comments.

Does adding comments under work log suffice?

There is also an option to restrict comment to the required group or project roles refer 

John Ramos October 25, 2017

Thanks Mizan, 

Can we setup where all internal conversation / notes / and the back and fort internally can be done under work log and all customer facing conversation will be under comments? 

Considering the users and clients that we have are part of the Jira system who are actual users who logs their incidents/request directly in Jira.

Thanks for sharing your expertise. 

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2017

You can do that as work description can also be restricted , it is similar to comments field. However, the worklog tab can be visible by the customers and they will see how much work was logged by internal users.

Suggest an answer