What's next after Jira Installation has been setup and running?

Linh Nguyen November 16, 2017

I have Jira setup and running on a server now.  I am now connected to Jira interface and able to login to the admin console.  What's next for me to do exactly?  I am a newbie for the tools and trying to make sure I am doing it correctly.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Linh,

You can now begin setting up Jira to your company's requirements and adding users.

If you wanted some tutorials, have a look at this:

These tutorials are a part of Atlassian University and are free for a limited time, through December.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Linh Nguyen November 17, 2017

Thanks Shannon for your response.  What steps should I be doing first as an Administrator? I get confused to whether if I need to create a project first then adding users or create users and groups first then create projects, what about the workflows?  Also how do I configure the Kanban board to be displayed as a default page when a user login to Jira?  I need this to be a feature page across projects? 

I watched some videos but not much that I see could get me a jump start.  Sorry newbie here.

Thanks for your help.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Linh,

It doesn't matter which order you do this in, but I would recommend working on setting up your first project and then editing its workflow first.

That way any users you invite won't be confused about the lack of content.

You can have a look at getting started with Jira Software to help you get started.

In terms of setting the Kanban board to the default page, it's not possible to set for for all users, but you can click Boards under My Jira Home after clicking your profile icon. This will then load the last board that your user looked at. For more information, see Managing your user profile > Setting your homepage.

I created a feature request below to be able to set a board as a homepage for all users:

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer