What's JIRA's definition of "updated?"

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

So far, I've noticed that work log entries and comments are not considered as updates as it applies to JIRA's update filter so I'm curious. What does JIRA consider as updates? And is there a way I can get it to include comments and worklog entries in this definition?

(We're currently running JIRA stand-alone 5.0.6.)

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Comment and worklog entries are also part of the Updated definition. I am curious now that it is not getting included in your instance. Can you try with a test issue and the JQL "updated >= -1m" (Updated in last one minute). Try adding a comment and then later with a work log?

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

i stand corrected. that test confirmed that worklog entries and comments are considered updates. it's too bad i already deleted that filter from yesterday. otherwise, i could figure out how i improperly constructed it.

0 votes
David Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2013

I don't have the full details, but from my experience it's based on field changes and transitions.

In your situation, you may want to create a workflow transition that just points at itself. The screen used for that transtion could just include the fields to log work and leave a comment.

Suggest an answer