What purpose does the Activity tab serve inside a specific issue?

Dan_Nelson January 14, 2015

For the longest time I've thought the Activity tab inside a specific JIRA issue was either broken or just plain stupid.  When I click on it, I essentially get all the activity in the given project.  My intuition is telling me that I should get an activity-stream based on the current issue and and any of it's subtasks (where applicable).

Who cares about seeing the entire project's activity from inside a specific issue?  Isn't that content better served inside Dashboards and Project home-pages?

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

I think it seems to be broken. The activity tab should just show issue related activities! I can't tell why it's broken though...

Dan_Nelson January 14, 2015

This tab has been this way for a very long time...surely if it is broken, a handful of simple unit tests would've discovered that. I guess we'll see what other's think. Thanks @Christian Czaia.

chrisnic January 14, 2015

For me, the Activity tab on the issue page only shows issue-related activities. Using JIRA v6.3.11#6341-sha1:83c4d29.

Suggest an answer