What postgresql version to use when upgrading JIRA 4.0.1 to 6.4 via 4.4.5

I am upgrading from JIRA 4.0.1 to 6.4.  My understanding is that I must first upgrade to 4.4.5, then to 6.4.

I am migrating to a new server as well, which simplifies things.

The documentation says that:

JIRA 4.4.5 supports PostgreSQL 8.2+

JIRA 6.4 supports:

Is it possible to choose just one version of PostgreSQL to work with both JIRA 4.4.5 and 6.4?  Of course the higher the PostgreSQL version, the better.

I could set up an intermediate server, install JIRA 4.4.5 and PostgreSQL 8.2, and just use it as a waystation.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi There

According to JIRA 4.4.5 Supported Platforms page, you could use PostgreSQL 8.4, same version supported by JIRA 6.4. smile

Hope it helps to clarify!

Cheers

L.F

After you upgrade Jira to 6.4, you might want to consider upgrading your Postgres database as well. It really depends on your internal environment. For example, if JIRA is the only subsystem using 8.4 and you have other subsystems using 9.X, then maybe upgrading JIRA to a 9.X release would eliminate 8.4 from your internal environment.

This widget could not be displayed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

94 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you