What plugins add issuelinks?

Katherine-Anne Jansen April 15, 2016

I have some issue links and I don't know where they came from. Are there plugins that add link types? If so, what are they?

depends on
is depended upon by
depends on creative
is a creative item for
is triggering
is triggered by
is an epic for
is a story of
Epic has story
is Story for Epic
Feature deliverable has Epic
is Epic for Feature Deliverable
Feature Deliverable has QA Defect
is Defect of Feature Deliverable
Feature Deliverable has Story
is Story for Feature Deliverable
has to be finished together with
has to be started together with
has to be done before
has to be done after

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2016

You don't need add-ons to create issue link types, you can do it in plain JIRA.

But, you'll find that some testing related add-ons, Gantt chart and some project management ones add link types.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2016

Problem is that I don't know what add-ons might be adding what links!

I don't think there's a way to know either, other than hitting google with the names of the links, or reading through the docs for the add-ons you might have installed in the past.

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2016

You can add links under Administration / System / Issue Linking, no plugin is required no my knowledge.

Edit: Looking at Nic's answer, I wasn't paying close enough attention.  Yes, some plugins add link types.

Katherine-Anne Jansen April 15, 2016

I don't want to add them, I want to know where they came from.

Is there a way to find out which plugin added what link?

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2016

Yeah, my bad; Nic's answer shows he read the question, whereas I obviously missed parts.  I'm not aware of any easy way to determine where they came from, as they don't have description fields for the plugin to populate.  That seems like a good improvement request; when a plugin adds statuses, I've seen some of them indicate that the status is used by plugin X, and to not remove it.

Suggest an answer