What permissions are needed to allow view only rights on other users' comments on an issue?

Graham Meaden August 19, 2015

2 answers

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Correct

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Browse projects permission but donot provide edit permissions on the permission scheme.

This will do

Pilar

Graham Meaden August 19, 2015

Not sure what you mean exactly by "donot provide edit permissions" The user can: Browse Projects Add Comments Edit Own Comments Delete Own Comments but not: Edit All Comments Delete All Comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2015

That's the setup I would recommend for this case, so I'm a bit stuck on what the question is.

Graham Meaden August 20, 2015

Well it isn't working so I shall raise a ticket. thx

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

Check the permissions first - what is the *actual* rule for "edit all comments" and "delete all comments" - could the user be matching the rule by dint of being in a role or group you didn't think they were in?

Suggest an answer