What permission is required to use "Move" / "Change Parent" on the "More" (...) menu?

Wayne Erfling September 25, 2017

I've seen a number of questions answered with something like "Click 'Move' on the "More" (...) menu and select 'Change Parent'".

My "More" (...) menu doesn't offer "Move".

None of the support / community answers I've seen mention required permissions of any kind.

What permission or configuration is required for my Jira session to offer "Move" and "Change Parent" ???

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

You need Move Issues permission in the project in order to move an issue.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

Move is controlled by "move issue" in the project you are in, and you also need "create issue" in the target project when it's different.

Change parent simply needs the user to have edit permissions in the current project.  If you're not seeing "change parent", then either you don't have edit, or you're looking at an issue-level item rather than a sub-task.

Suggest an answer