What permission allows ordering of subtasks

What permission needs to be granted for someone to sort "Move Up/Move Down" the subtasks under a story?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The user should have "Edit" permission on the parent issue.

i don't think permissions require to reorder the subtasks!! who can able to view the issues they can reorder it!

The person has full browe(view permissions) and can see all issues as they also were the one who created them. yet they dont have access to move up and down. Another project they can, permissions are different and issue types so I havent pinpointed what it actually needs yet, but it must be something besides viewing.

Andy Nguyen Atlassian Team Jan 11, 2014

Hi,

Jobin is correct. The user needs "Edit Issues" permission in order to reorder the subtasks of an issue.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

173 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you