What office versions is Jira 6.4 compatible with?

Sara Johansson January 21, 2015

I need to know which Office versions below JIRA is compatible with. 

2007-32bit, 2007-64bit, 2010-32bit, 2010-64bit, 2013-32bit, 2013-64bit

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2015

Sara, I think you need to define what compatible means here 

As Jira has export functionality for excel files we want to know in what version these files are created in. Is it created in Office 2010 32bit or 64bit or is it created in Office 2014 32bit or 64 bit.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2015

They are not created in any version of Office at all. The export creates xml files that most versions of Office can read. There is no "compatibilty" with Office, the files are simply in a format that Office can open. (As for the 32/64 bit question, that really is utterly irrelevant - if you deconstructed an Office file saved in 32 or 64 bit versions, you would find no difference - the data in the files has nothing to do with how the programs are run)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2015

It doesn't directly talk to office, so there's no need for "compatibility".  It does have some export functions in it which generate office-like documents, but these are exported in a format that recent versions of office can read 

Thank you Nic, Do you know how far back with the older Office versions one can go? and is it for both 32bit and 64bit? BR

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2015

I'm not that familiar with Office release cycles (whatever the client/employer provides is what I use, or LibreOffice when they don't care). But I was reading Jira 2 exports to Word and Excel when that was the latest version, so you're looking at at least 10 years back...

Suggest an answer