What needs to be done between 2 consecutive calls to (validateTransition/transition)

Hung Nguyen May 12, 2017

I like to push an issue programmatically through the workflow, by calling IssueService .validateTransition and then IssueService.transition.

And it works for a single transition.

Now if I want to push it through the second transition in the same plot, then the second validateTransition failed, saying that there was another who changes it. I believe that this means the first transition was not totally recorded.

How can we fast track 2 transitions in one operation?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2017

Can you show us your code? You should wait until the next event fires before attemping the second fast-track.

Hung Nguyen May 15, 2017

In groovy code, it's simply

def action = wfm.getWorkflow(issue).allActions.find { it.name == transitionName }
IssueService.TransitionValidationResult res = is.validateTransition( execUser, issueKey.id, action.id, issueInputParams )
if (!res.valid) {
     throw new IssueTrackerException(
                        "Validation failed  "+ tvr.errorCollection.reasons  )
 }

def tres = is.transition(execUser, res)

But I want to transition the bug through 2 transitions right in this event. is there any way not to wait for the next event to do it?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2017

To be honest, I am not sure. It may require some testing. Personally, I would not think that would be possible. My impression however is that data is only stored on issue events. If the data from the first action hasn't been stored, the second action is invalid.

Given: Open -startprogress> In Progress -close> Close

Not working:

1. startprogress sets state from Open to In Progress (Succeeds)
  2. close attempts to fire from Open to Close (Fails)
  3. Store issue
  4. Fire Event

Should work:

1. startprogress sets state from Open to In Progress (Succeeds)
  2. Store issue
  3. Fire Event
  4. close attempts to fire from Open to Close (Succeeds)
  5. Store issue
  6. Fire Event

Suggest an answer