What modifications are in ehcache-2.10.2-atlassian-4.jar?

dmitri November 16, 2016

We are using a patched version of ehcache-2.7.5 in JIRA 7.1.9 to address https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62717

We noticed in the 7.2.3 update that jar is replaced by an Atlassian fork. What is in this fork? Is the source code available so we can apply our patch?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2016

The reason for the modifications and the patch that was applied to fix it are both available here:

https://jira.terracotta.org/jira/browse/EHC-1132

dmitri November 16, 2016

Thanks. So would using the 2.10.3 version unmodified by Atlassian be an option?

crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2016

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

That said, you should keep in mind that if Atlassian is not shipping that version yet, then we have not tested with it.  Using a version other than the one we supply may make it more difficult for the support team to help out if there are other changes included in that version that cause problems.

dmitri November 16, 2016

Thanks. We'll give it a shot.

If that doesn't work how do we see the patch from that terracotta ticket? Seems to be eluding me. Is it available in diff format somehow?

crf
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2016

It isn't stated directly, just described.  it is replacing the final call to "getQuietly" with the block of text at the end.  The point is that this returns the loaded value directly instead of trying to retrieve it from the cache again.

dmitri November 16, 2016

Oh I see. Thanks.

crf
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2016

I was able to hunt down the repo and extract a formal patch for you:

diff --git a/ehcache-core/src/main/java/net/sf/ehcache/Cache.java b/ehcache-core/src/main/java/net/sf/ehcache/Cache.java
index af1592e..cdd6043 100644
--- a/ehcache-core/src/main/java/net/sf/ehcache/Cache.java
+++ b/ehcache-core/src/main/java/net/sf/ehcache/Cache.java
@@ -1859,7 +1859,9 @@ public class Cache implements InternalEhcache, StoreListener {
                 value = loadValueUsingLoader(key, loader, loaderArgument);
             }
             if (value != null) {
-                put(new Element(key, value), false);
+                final Element newElement = new Element(key, value);
+                put(newElement, false);
+                return newElement;
             }
         } catch (TimeoutException e) {
             throw new LoaderTimeoutException("Timeout on load for key " + key, e);

Suggest an answer