What links a JIRA issue to Bitbucket commits/PRs

Hello,

We are using the server versions of both JIRA and Bitbucket. When I view JIRA project releases I can view issues belonging to that release. The Development column shows commits and the merge status of pull requestsl linking to those tickets. 

I see commits linked from having the JIRA issue ID in the commit message. What else creates this link? Branches with a JIRA issue ID in the name? Anything else?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

JIRA issues are linked when you mention the JIRA key in Bitbucket, either in the branch name, as part of the description or comment in a pull request or as part of the commit comment (as you have seen). 

Here is some more information about the integration, https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/jira-integration-776639874.html

Do user forks not apply?

I committed to a user repo under my account, which displayed the commit fine in the Development area in the JIRA issue.

When I attempted the same in a forked repo under my account, the commit did not display in the JIRA issue.

I also tested with a fork that is under a project, not a user account, and that displays fine.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

547 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you