What is wrong with my set up for incoming mail to create new issues?

Jeremy Price September 16, 2016

I continue to get this message when trying to do a test run and see if the emails are creating tickets that I am sending. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have attached screen shots of my entire set up any help is appreciated.

"Test Run Results, No messages were found in this mailbox. To properly test this handler, populate your mailbox with a few emails first and re-run the test. Found 0 unprocessed message(s) in the pop3 folder."

Update POP IMAP Mail Server JIRA.pngCreate a new issue from each email message JIRA.png

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user September 16, 2016

Have you sent a test email to islands.transition@bonniercorp.com?

Also, I don't think I would set the forward email the same as the catch email.

Jeremy Price September 21, 2016

I've sent test emails and they are getting to the email address just fine. I've also changed the catch email as well. Still not working at all. Does it take a long amount of time for the system to create the tickets after it was sent or should it be within minutes? 

Deleted user September 21, 2016

Hummm.... should happen pretty quick, depending on how often you set the handler to check for emails.

Check and make sure the "reporter" has 'create issue' permissions for the project.

Deleted user September 21, 2016

Also, your Mail Server...  it should be setup to access the email account your sending emails to. It appears the Mail Server and the Handler is set to different emails...

i.e. jira@bonnier.atlassian.net   vs.    islands.transitions@bonniercorp.com

That would be a problem.

Suggest an answer