What is this error and how to fix it

Yuriy Muzyka November 17, 2017

jira.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

Null pointer errors are java saying "something has gone wrong and I don't really know what".  It looks like you were simply visiting a dashboard, but is it one broken gadget, or the whole page?  What gadgets are on that page, and if it's only one that is breaking, what is the type of gadget?

You will need to explain what you were doing at the point at which the error happened, and go into the log to fetch us the *whole* error - your screen shot only gives us the first part of it.

Yuriy Muzyka November 17, 2017

this happens when trying to create issue. 
error take more than 40k characters, and there is not possibility to add file attachement https://www.pastiebin.com/5a0f0df704ae1

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

Thanks! 

This tells me that there's something structurally wrong with your system.  Can you get to the "system information" page in the admin section and check for "modified files" and give us the versions of Jira and Java in use?

Yuriy Muzyka November 20, 2017

hi,

thanks for your input.
what has change is that i've assigned issutype scheme to additional project.
after that issue occurred.

unfortunately, i have not rights to see "system administration" data. 
Hopeful data provided will be enough 

JIRA Service Desk Application 3.3.0-OD-1000.2506.0

Capture for JIRA 2.1000.0-D20171117T001733

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2017

Ok, it's a Cloud install, and we need to be looking at logs.

Only the Cloud admins can do that, I'm afraid this needs to go to https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Yuriy Muzyka November 20, 2017

thank you. Its already there

Suggest an answer