What is the value reference for project type?

Chai Teng Ong August 21, 2017

Like value reference for summary is ("fields")("summary"). How about project type? Which to track the issue is under software or other fields.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

In what sense?  What's a "value reference"?  Where are you seeing ("fields")("summary") ?

Chai Teng Ong August 21, 2017

I'm using Excel VBA to get the json data from Jira, for example

Summary = Json("issues")("fields")("summary")

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

So its just field information.  I assume you are getting it over the REST interface?

The project "type" is a structural attribute of a project, not an issue field.  You'll need to make a call to read the project for an issue and look for the project type in the response.  It's under https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/server/#api/2/project-getProject

Chai Teng Ong August 22, 2017

Can I have a sample of code in Excel VBA format?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2017

Not from me I'm afraid.  I don't use any form of BASIC, and avoid spreadsheets like the plague as they're almost all wrong.

Suggest an answer