What is the right SQL query against the JIRA database to see the field edit history?

Nathan Given February 17, 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to use SQL queries recreate the information that shows up in the "ALL" tab on the JIRA issue details view and I'm having a hard time figuring out the SQL for when a field changes.

Has anyone found this information in the JIRA database?  (6.3.8)

Thanks~!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015
0 votes
Markus Pöhler March 8, 2019

Based on:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/to-find-or-view-a-jira-issue-from-the-database-using-sql-744524576.html

/* Replace the Sample issuenum with your num! */

SELECT p.pname, p.pkey, i.issuenum, cg.ID, cg.issueid, au.lower_user_name, cg.AUTHOR, cg.CREATED, ci.FIELDTYPE, ci.FIELD, ci.OLDVALUE, ci.OLDSTRING, ci.NEWVALUE, ci.NEWSTRING
,DBMS_LOB.substr( ci.OLDSTRING, 3000) as cccf
,DBMS_LOB.substr( ci.NEWSTRING, 3000) as cccd
FROM changegroup cg
inner join jiraissue i on cg.issueid = i.id
inner join project p on i.project = p.id
inner join changeitem ci on ci.groupid = cg.id AND ci.FIELDTYPE='jira' AND ci.FIELD='status'
inner join app_user au on cg.author = au.user_key
WHERE cg.issueid=(select id from jiraissue where issuenum = 70892 and project in (select id from project))
order by cg.CREATED,1,3,4;

Please note this sample is filtering on ci.FIELD='STATUS' changes, you can just remove this or replace it with anything you like. 

Suggest an answer