What is the recommended approach for exporting issues with the associated comments from JIRA OnDemand?

Ben Brock December 16, 2013

Our customer would like a backup of their issue repository with all associated comments.

What is the recommended approach for exporting issues with the associated comments from JIRA OnDemand?

3 answers

2 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2013

All information regarding that can be found at:
Backing up and exporting data

And if they are worried about OnDemand automated backups:
About Your Data

Cheers!

Ben Brock December 17, 2013

Thank you for the reply. I confirmed that comments are included in the backup XML. Is there associated information or documentation for limiting the data to a single client?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2013

I'm not really clear what you're asking, here; there is no concept of client in JIRA. The backups are all-or-nothing from OnDemand, there's no way to limit the XML backups.

Ben Brock December 17, 2013

By client, I meant "project". Simply put, I'm looking for a way to export all issues for a project, with their associated comments, from JIRA OnDemand, then ship the backup to a client where he can import them into a local instance of JIRA.

An all or nothing backup makes this more difficult.

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
January 1, 2014

You could import on a temporary instance, delete all other projects and export again ;)

Would that work? Cheers!

Ben Brock January 16, 2014

Thanks, not ideal, but at least it's an option.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2019

We have just released the cloud version of the #1 poweful PDF exporter app, intuitively called Better PDF Exporter. It can export comments, of course, among all other issue details.

See PDF examples created with this app

jira-single-issue-export-with-subtasks

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
December 17, 2013

Suggest an answer