What is the "Project"-permission in JIRA?

Rune Hellem December 16, 2014

I have created a new JIRA-project using the default permission scheme. When a user, that has the "User" role of the project, tries to create an issue - he gets the error

"User <USERNAME> does not have the 'project' permission"

If adding the user to the adminstrator-role, he can create an issue. So then I read the security scheme and apart from the "Administer project" permission which is only for administrators, members of users has the same rights as administrators.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rune Hellem December 17, 2014

Found it!

I had copied a workflow and it turned out that in that workflow I found was a validator when an issue was created (transition to Open status)

"...Only users with Administer Projects permission can execute this transition..."

Updated workflow, problem solved

1 vote
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

Project permissions are comprised of both Roles and Permission Schemes. You may have a user set in a role User or Administrator, but this role won't have the relevant setting inside the Project's Permission Scheme. 

Go to that project's permissions schemes and make sure the User role is set for the following (at least):

• Browse Projects
  • Create Issues

Extra read: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Suggest an answer