What is the proper JQL for searching a number custom field?

Christian Axén December 11, 2017

I have issues with JQL for a custom field of the number type. I want to search for issues containing this field and the search should only return issues with a specific number.

For example I want all issues with a value equal to and greater than 280,040. I tried the following JQL:

"Number field" >= "280,040"

This does not return any issues although I know that there are several issues containing 280,040 and greater numbers for this particular field.

I also tried the even more simple:

"Number field" = "280,040"

I know that there are several issues with the value 280,040 but the search return no issues.

I tried '280,040' but doesn't return any issues either.

I've probably missed something obvious but I can't figure out what.

BTW, the custom field searcher for this custom field is Number Search.

Language is Swedish and therefore "," is used instead of ".".

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

So because we initially used Jira Cloud in English and started using Jira Cloud in Swedish we can't search for numbers?

This seems more like a bug than a new feature to me. If Atlassian provides the same service in several languages, it should work regardless of language.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

I think the issue can be fixed by changing your UI display language to English from your user profile > preferences.

Anyway, I agree it is a bug, and have already voted for it to be fixed.

0 votes
adi sankar July 21, 2021

Use custom field ID to get the result 

cf[CustomFieldID] = 1234

for more Details check this https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2017

Hello,

could you try "Number field" >= 280040

Hi, thanks for responding. I tried it and no results are returned.

Suggest an answer