What is the minimum requirements in order to enable Application Links between two jira instance?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

I have two jira instances which are on different networks (public and private) and I want to integrate them but in order to do this I need to allow the public instance to be able to contact the private one, which requires some king of proxy or tunneling.

The question is if I need to forward all domain requests of only specify URLs (which ones?)

I am asking this for onvious security concerns.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Hi, it depends on what functions you use between the JIRA instances. I'd have a good read on configuring trusted application links here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+Trusted+Applications+Authentication+for+an+Application+Link

These URLs should be what you need:

/rest

/secure/CreateIssue

/plugins/servlet/streams

/rpc/soap

/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest

/secure/RunPortlet

Suggest an answer