What is the meaning of "URGENT ACTION REQUIRED"?

Tom Scrace May 3, 2017

I am the admin for our company's JIRA account. When I log into JIRA I am currently getting this pop-up message:

"Public service announcement

URGENT ACTION REQUIRED: We're upgrading the users on your site to an Atlassian account starting May 8th. To find out more about the upgrade please visit the Atlassian account page within Site Administration. Additional details can be found below."

And there is a link to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Atlassian+account+for+users

From what I can see, neither the message, nor the "additional details" page gives any information on what "URGENT ACTION" I am supposed to be taking.

What am I supposed to be doing, and what happens if I don't do it?

Thanks,

Tom

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2017

I understand you would like to know what the urgent action that is required and what the consequences of inaction are. Verifying email, verifying the domain if necessary and letting your users know what to expect are the needed actions.
Here are the details of the migration which may help:

What can users expect after migration:

• Users will need to log in using their email address.
  • Users will need to use their Atlassian ID credentials to gain access to JIRA.

If a user doesn't have an Atlassian ID, when they log in for the first time after migration, the user will be sent a verification email to their email address. The user will need to verify their email address before being allowed access to JIRA
Additionally, after migration:

• "Full names" of users may change. Please ask users to ensure that their correct "Full name" is configured on their Atlassian ID. Each user will need to update their own "Full name" by logging into id.atlassian.com
  • If you'd like to be able to administer the "Full name" of your users, please verify your domain in order to do so see: Domain verification
  • On the first login, users may be prompted to answer "How do you want others to see you on this site?", please ask users to select "Let others see my full name" if you'd like to be able to manage your users after verifying your domain.
  • Avatars of users may disappear - please ask users to update their avatars by logging into id.atlassian.com
    For more information, please see:

Upgrade to Atlassian account - what your users can expect
Administer Atlassian accounts - what admins can expect

Tom Greber May 4, 2017

Why am I being forced to log into id.microsoft.com ?

Suggest an answer