What is the maximum number of uses that any company has bought under a Commercial JIRA(Agile) liscence?

I'd like to know to what extent JIRA Agile has historically been scaled in practice.

3 answers

1 accepted

So...you are missing some things. There's a difference between "maximum number of users..." and "max concurrent users." The bigger thing is that Agile is just a plugin that gives you different visualizations and some extra functionality. You will need to be able to scale JIRA first because that is what will make things perform better.

So the answer for the former is "unlimited" meaning that there is no restriction on the # of users, however most of those folks never touch JIRA Agile, and certainly not concurrently. There are instances that I've heard of that have over 20k users.

I've run an instance with several hundred concurrent users of JIRA Agile at once no problem, but that's based on design and tuning of the overall JIRA instance.

I've seen over a 1000 concurrent users on a system some in Agile, most just working individual issues in Jira. There are some very large installations of JIRA out there.

Make sure you set your MySQL instance on a separate vm/server. Then you can have the app server do app server stuff and you don't waste it's performance on doing DB server stuff. Plus it gives you more flexibility around fail over and recover-ability. 

Thanks J. 

Do you also have pointers about what is the maximum no. of users you have seen on JIRA and JIRA Agile on consulting/services projects ?

(Btw, I just migrated from HSQL to MySQL today. It was a great activity. Thanks for the ease of use and the wealth of documentation.)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,816 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot