What is the maximum number of uses that any company has bought under a Commercial JIRA(Agile) liscence?

Mudassar Pasha December 29, 2014

I'd like to know to what extent JIRA Agile has historically been scaled in practice.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2014

So...you are missing some things. There's a difference between "maximum number of users..." and "max concurrent users." The bigger thing is that Agile is just a plugin that gives you different visualizations and some extra functionality. You will need to be able to scale JIRA first because that is what will make things perform better.

So the answer for the former is "unlimited" meaning that there is no restriction on the # of users, however most of those folks never touch JIRA Agile, and certainly not concurrently. There are instances that I've heard of that have over 20k users.

I've run an instance with several hundred concurrent users of JIRA Agile at once no problem, but that's based on design and tuning of the overall JIRA instance.

1 vote
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2014

I've seen over a 1000 concurrent users on a system some in Agile, most just working individual issues in Jira. There are some very large installations of JIRA out there.

Make sure you set your MySQL instance on a separate vm/server. Then you can have the app server do app server stuff and you don't waste it's performance on doing DB server stuff. Plus it gives you more flexibility around fail over and recover-ability. 

0 votes
Mudassar Pasha December 29, 2014

Thanks J. 

Do you also have pointers about what is the maximum no. of users you have seen on JIRA and JIRA Agile on consulting/services projects ?

(Btw, I just migrated from HSQL to MySQL today. It was a great activity. Thanks for the ease of use and the wealth of documentation.)

Suggest an answer