What is the email format send to JIRA to get issue details?

Venkatesh Bn June 7, 2012

Hello All,

Can any one say me, What is the email format i have to send to JIRA to get all the details of the issue like updates, close details, progress of the issue etc

cl

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2012

I'm sorry, the question doesn't make sense to me.

Are you asking about customising the emails that Jira sends to people? Or how to decide when it sends email to people?

Or, could you explain how do you think "sending email to Jira" is going to give you information? The reason I question that is that what you've said implies that you are sending information TO Jira. Not getting it back.

Venkatesh Bn June 7, 2012

a)Customising emails through code, i.e, when an issue is updated, closed, created it has to trigger an email.

b)"Sending Email to JIRA" meaning that i have to process all the details of the issue that i have created for a particular project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2012

a) <sigh> See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customising+Email+Content

b) I'm still not grasping what you mean. You "send an email to Jira" and, um, what? Expect it to tell you stuff? How?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012

b) Send e-mail to Jira.. do you want to create a new issue based on an e-mail sent to Jira? Possible solution: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email.

Or do you want to send a "command" to Jira and have Jira respond with all the information that is on the issue you "commanded", e.g. a mail with "REQUEST 12345" where 12345 was the issue-ID? I believe this would require some custom code if possible at all. Not to mention all the security bits and pieces you would have to consider.

Venkatesh Bn June 10, 2012

I have 2 jiras running, each of instances has its own custom fields.

1) when a issue is created/updated in JIRA-1, it will trigger an email, so that the same issue is create/updated in JIRA-2.

2) When an issue is created/updated in JIRA-2, it will trigger an email to JIRA-1 which will process the contents of email and create/update the issue in JIRA-1.

how to map the custom-fileds of both the JIRA's?

What are the possible ways of doing these? - i dont want to use WEbServices.

Hope this helps.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2012

Are you not creating a Perpetuum Mobile with this setup? Jira 1 create issue which initiate new issue in Jira 2 which initiate new issue in Jira 1 which initiate new issue in Jira 2 which initiate new issue in Jira 1 which initiate...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2012

That can happen. But this discussion is further advanced at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/60363/integrating-jira-4-2-1-and-jira-4-3-3

Suggest an answer