What is the easy way to delete all the issues and projects from JIRA?

I need a new instance with a fresh installation build for my support team. I dont need projects and issues in that but i need all the schemes and custom field definitions. What is the best way for doing that?

1 answer

Specifically deleteProject and one of the run actions like runFromList

Can you please share if there is any brief notes available on runFromList ? I have around 500 projects, 5000 users and 30000 filters to delete from our intance. Please advise.

Hi Bob,

When i delete a project with 8000 issues i am getting SocketTimeOutException. Can you please advise?

Remote error: ; nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Either subset the deletes or use the timeout support discussed with ACLI-72 . Were any of the users deleted before the timeout?

I started deleting the projects first because it deletes the issues, versions & components. I planned to delete the users after cleaning of projects. I will set the timeout and start deleting the same project again. Will it impact the jira socket connection time out if i set the connection & socket timeouts values of Confluence which was suggested in ACLI-72?

Not sure what you are saying. I would just use the connectionTimeout on the action command and hope that handles the problem.

I am able to delete the projects and users successfully. Just to have a double check, I verified and PROJECT, JIRAISSUE, CUSTOMFIELDOPTION, CWD_USER, USERBASE tables in the database and found that they are empty. I found JIRAISSUE_TEMP table is having data. Why is it so having the data? What other tables i need to verify to make sure my instance is clean. Please suggest.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

136 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you