What is the easiest way to upgrade Atlassian products?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2014

What would be the easiest way to ease the upgrade of Atlassian products like JIRA and Confluence?

Currently only plugin upgrade process is simplified, upgrading the instances themselves is hard as it requires lots of manual steps for reconfiguring the configuration files.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2014

It may sound as advetising as I wrote this utility which is able to upgrade Atlassian instances easily, and can even be used in crontab if you want:

https://bitbucket.org/phoebian/phoebian

Note: I use it in crontab for test instances and few less critical production ones. For normal production ones, I run it manually.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2014

Er, you can just run the installers.   Most of them now ask if you want to upgrade an existing instance.

Suggest an answer