What is the difference between these 2 issues filter - 'outstanding' & 'unresolved' ?

Karthik Gowrishankar January 8, 2013

What is the difference between these 2 issues filter - 'outstanding' & 'unresolved' ?

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

You are right, looks to be a bug, both appears to have the same JQL.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2013

There's now way of telling, without knowing where you are looking. It's likely that "unresolved" is the standard "issues do not have a resolution" filter, or based on it, but there's no way we can be sure.

I suggest you run both filters, then look at the filter's definition and you'll be able to see the differences (if there are any)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

I guess Karthik is referring to the links that is visible in Browse Project => Issues.

Karthik Gowrishankar January 8, 2013

Yes Renjith. You are correct. Im referring to the Browse Projects => Issues Tab

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2013

The version of Jira AND where you were looking would have helped - on the project -> issues tab in 5.1, there is only "unresolved". I assume you're on 5.2 and have, as Renjith said, found a bug (I don't have a 5.2 on hand this minute to check)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

I checked in 5.2.1. Will check in 5.2.4 and confirm.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Seems to be same except for the ORDER by condition. Anyway raised a bug here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31213

Suggest an answer