What is the difference between Jira service desk project types: asic, customer service and IT service desk?

Sinda Touati February 2, 2017

I would like to know the difference between Jira service desk project types: basic, customer service and IT service desk. Does the workflow vary between each type ? Is there any recommendation for the use of each type? If you have ever had to choose which one you will choose and according to which contexts?

Thank you

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2017

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-your-service-desk-732528750.html

The types are really just templates to get your projects/desks started.  Once created, you can modify them to suit your needs (including effectively turning them into other types)

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2019

Thank you - I looked at this page and found it greatly lacking in terms of detail.  The descriptions are barely more than what is in Jira, and does not specifically state what each template provides in detail.

Like Aleksandra A. likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2017

I second Nic's answer. After many trials and tribulations I have found that starting simple has generally worked best for me. It is easier to add complexity than remove IMO. So when I added JSD app I setup a Basic and a IT SD then ultimately landed on basic and tweaked over time.

Suggest an answer