What is the default value?

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

I have a project (Project 1) with 2 issue types (A and B)

This project has a Custom Field of type "Group Picker (single group)" (CF 1) 

The custom field has a 2 context

1st -> Issue type(s):Global (all issues) -> Default Value: Group 1

2nd -> Issue type(s): A  -> Project(s): Project 1 -> Default Value: Group 2

What value shuld be on the custom field CF 1 of the issue type B in the project Project 1

I was thinking that it shuld have the value Group 1. But for what i can see it is empty. 

Thank you for you attencion

1 answer

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

Hi Pedro,

It's not possible to provide individual context for each issue type of a project.  The context you have globally will be applicable for issues of any projects that don't already have their own context.  Even though you have applied context to Project 1, it's only going to appear for the issue types you've further narrowed that context down to.

Hopefully that makes sense, it's a bit hard to describe.  smile

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Is the possibility of defining multiple contexts for a project issue types in road map?

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

Hi Pedro, there is a Suggestion issue logged with Atlassian: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6851 but unfortunately it's been around for over 10 years, and even with 227 votes (including mine) there has been no movement. I looked around Marketplace and I don't see a plugin that has the functionality, but maybe there's an independent coder somewhere out there working on it. Sorry I don't have better news! :(

Suggest an answer