What is the correct way to identify customfield id of Sprint by rest api in Jira Software?

Meenal Khurana September 21, 2017

What is the correct way of identifying the sprint custom field in JIRA by rest api? Someone can create multiple custom fields in the system with the name "Sprint". So how do I identify which is the standard custom field "Sprint" of Jira Software?

Is it identified with the help of the string "com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-sprint" found in response by the rest api: "/rest/api/2/field"?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

Yes, that's the Jira Software Sprint field type.  Well spotted!

Meenal Khurana September 26, 2017

Thank you.

Can you please tell me how do I identify the standard custom field of "Epic Link" and "Story Points" of Jira using rest api?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Epic link is similar - com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-link  but Story points is a standard numeric custom field

Meenal Khurana September 28, 2017

What if someone has created two fields with the same name "Story Points", then how do I identify which is the correct field used for estimation?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2017

Rename one of the fields to "Story points" or "Story Points."

Or, better, if someone has done this, remove their admin access from Jira as they really shouldn't be making mistakes like that.  It also is possible to do it by accident when upgrading or migrating though.  However a duplicate got there though, remove it.  You should not duplicate field names, especially something like Story points, for which there is no sane reason to have two fields.

Suggest an answer