What is the blank "more" menu in jira?

Will May 11, 2014

What is this blankd "More" menu in jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

You've got a plugin that is trying to add more options to the menu, but has some form of security that is hiding all of its actual options from you.

There's no easy way of working out what should be on that menu. I'd have a look through the list of user-installed addons to see if there's anything in there that should be appearing but isn't.

Will May 11, 2014

I can't figure out which one it might be. Any thoughts?

Jira Add-on List

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2014

That's a lot of plugins to work through - I'd say around a third of them might be trying to add more menu options.

I'd try a simple approach - turn them all off and see if it vanishes. If it does, re-enable them one at a time until it comes back.

However, don't disable these three - it really shouldn't be them at all. (I've got others that I really don't think it is, but I don't want to rule out bugs or updates I don't know of)

universal plugin manager

agile

jira support tools

Will May 12, 2014

Nic, I appreciate your help here! I just disabled all the user installed plugins and the "More" menu was still there. I then went ahead and disabled the plugins you mentioned not to disable (just to see), and it's still there. any other ideas?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2014

Now this *is* getting weird. Put all the plugins back, we've ruled those out.

Three other thoughts

1. What user system are you using? Crowd, internal, ldap, something else, etc?

2. Could you nip into "system information" in the Admin -> Troubleshooting bit and look to see what "modified files" you have?

3. The long shot - could you try ctrl-u and plough through the resulting html to see if there's anything around the "more" that might tell us something?

Will May 13, 2014
  1. Crowd
  2. [Installation Type: Standalone] templates/email/html/includes/header.vm, jira-application.properties, WEB-INF/web.xml, images/icons/favicon.png, images/icons/favicon32.png, seraph-config.xml

Will May 27, 2014

anyone have any ideas?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2014

Sorry, I missed that last reply. Crowd doesn't fiddle with the menu so it's not that.

I'm afraid the html was spectacularly useless - Jira obviously thinks there's something else to display, but as you've disabled the plugins and it's still there, I can't imagine what.

I think this might need to go to Atlassian for investigation, it's starting to look like a bug

Suggest an answer